Why LASIK Makes Sense During the Pandemic
COVID-19 has taken the world by surprise and put many lives on hold. In an attempt to stop the spread, people have stayed home and started taking extra precautions. Nevertheless, months into this pandemic, you’re likely due for check-ups and appointments, including your annual eye exam. But is it safe to see the best eye doctors in Dallas and undergo LASIK eye surgery?
LASIK eye surgery with Kleiman Evangelista has always been a safe procedure, and it makes even more sense now during the pandemic. Continue reading for three major benefits of getting corrective eye surgery during COVID-19.
Increased Safety Precautions
We’ve always focused on the health and safety of our patients. However, we’ve implemented a number of procedures following CDC guidelines for increased safety during the pandemic:
- All employees and patients are required to wash and sanitize their hands upon entry, and there are multiple sanitizer stations placed around the office.
- Temperatures are taken upon arrival for both staff and clients.
- Masks are required from the moment you arrive until you leave. And since LASIK is an extremely quick procedure, you don’t have to spend too much time with the doctors and staff.
- High-touch areas and equipment are cleaned throughout the day and between patients with appropriate products known to kill viruses and germs.
- Guests are not currently allowed to accompany patients to appointments unless assistance is needed.
- Patient screenings during appointment bookings and upon arrival to ensure clients are not symptomatic nor have they come in contact with COVID carriers.
Read our COVID statement for the full range of precautions taken at Kleiman Evangelista Eye Centers.
Decreases the Need to Touch Your Face
As an everyday precaution for preventing COVID, you should refrain from touching your face. But for those who rely on corrective eyewear like glasses and contacts, it’s inevitable. Proper care and hygiene have not been linked to instances of illness, but during the day – when you can’t wash your hands as frequently – you’re more likely to touch your eyes, namely in instances like rubbing dry and irritated contacts and readjusting your glasses.
LASIK eye surgery cuts down on this by removing the irritants that cause you to frequently touch your face.
More Time and Money for LASIK
All the money typically spent on weekend excursions and family vacations can be allocated to your procedure. Not to mention, you have all the time you need to rest your eyes and allow them to heal after surgery – although, LASIK recovery is a quick process.
The best eye doctors in Dallas know how important it is for you to remain healthy during this global pandemic, and we go the extra mile for your safety. You should try to remain well in all aspects, including your vision. Don’t wait it out and unknowingly end up with worsening eyesight. Schedule your free consultation today to see how LASIK eye surgery can fit into your new normal and help you see life’s moments clearly.
Turn To The Top Eye Doctors In Texas
Check out one of our locations below for the best eye care near you: